Friday, April 1, 2022

Internal Matters

Internal Matters

Galatians 6: 11 See what big letters I make as I write to you now with my own hand! 12 The people who are trying to force you to be circumcised are the ones who want to show off and boast about external matters. They do it, however, only so that they may not be persecuted for the cross of Christ. 13 Even those who practice circumcision do not obey the Law; they want you to be circumcised so that they can boast that you submitted to this physical ceremony. 14 As for me, however, I will boast only about the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ; for by means of his cross the world is dead to me, and I am dead to the world. 15 It does not matter at all whether or not one is circumcised; what does matter is being a new creature. 16 As for those who follow this rule in their lives, may peace and mercy be with them—with them and with all of God's people!

 

============

 

Hoping that he or she would act a certain way was making me lose sleep. I took classes on “working with different people” in hopes to make him or her do what “I” wanted. When this did not work, I became frustrated and thought something was wrong with “them.”

 

  • I was busy looking at others and lost sight of myself.
  • I thought other people were the problem and I was the solution.
  • I believed the world had solutions that GOD did not.

 

Paul spoke sharply against those who were trying to get people to follow religious rituals versus simply believing JESUS took care of the consequences of the Law. He pointed out their guilt of murdering JESUS so they could keep their power, forcing people to do what the world expected.

 

My Observations

  • GOD sees my heart and knows it does not seek HIM.
  • GOD chose me and when I believed in JESUS as my Savior, I was filled with HIS SPIRIT.
  • GOD gave me the ability to examine myself, choose HIS way over mine and act like a new creature.

 

Worldly matters come and go. I mean, there will always be a problem that seems catastrophic. GOD sees how I respond to these matters and rewards me when I seek HIM for the solution. To the world, JESUS seems like a problem. BUT TO GOD JESUS is the only solution.

 

Becoming a new creature means I give myself to JESUS and follow HIM no matter the consequence of the world. When I live for HIM, HE gives me peace and mercy that I do not understand. I am thankful for HIS intervention in my life.

 

Challenge

  • Why do you think the writer mentions how he wrote the letter?
  • Can you feel the compassion and passion of the writer?
  • If you are facing persecution over worldly matters, will you accept GOD’s gift of peace  and mercy today so you can sleep with a clean conscience?

No comments:

Post a Comment