Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Alignment

Alignment

Ephesians 1: 15 For this reason, ever since I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all of God's people, 16 I have not stopped giving thanks to God for you. I remember you in my prayers 17 and ask the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, to give you the Spirit, who will make you wise and reveal God to you, so that you will know him.

 

============

 

Complaints about the preaching became the norm for me. I went to sleep on one set of sermons and others I tried to escape by being “busy” during the discourse. And what was it with the uniforms people wore? And why don’t they update the music?  And why was church service so long? And…

 

  • I was blind to what people were doing for GOD.
  • I could not value how people were serving GOD because I was too busy complaining.
  • I saw myself as being right and “they” were serving GOD wrong because “I” did not hear what I wanted to hear.

 

Paul compliments the people on their faith in JESUS. He heard about their faith and had to do something special. He gave thanks. He also asked GOD for them to receive wisdom as given only by the HOLY SPIRIT. Paul aligned to GOD’s will.

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants me to seek and admire those who put their faith in JESUS.
  • GOD wants me to value what people are doing for HIM and give thanks for them by remembering them in prayer.
  • GOD wants me to ask HIM to provide wisdom from the HOLY SPIRIT so they may know HIM.

 

Recognizing other people is important to GOD. I mean, seeing what people ”are” doing for HIM rather than harboring a complaint is wonderful to HIM. Unfortunately, I look at things from my selfish perspective and wonder what is in this for me? GOD sees my complaint and knows my justification attempts for acting foul.

 

HE forgives me, opens my eyes to HIS servants and cleans my heart to see HE has a multitude of servants who love HIM. HE wants me to see that HE has placed many people around the world who show love for all HIS people. I give thanks for those who serve GOD because of their faith in JESUS and I align to GOD’s will.

 

Challenge

  • What is the writers heart for the people?
  • Are there people you can think of who have been faithful and could use your prayers?
  • Will you take a moment and remember those who serve GOD and ask that HE provide the HOLY SPIRIT to open eyes and reveal who HE is today?

 

Prayer

Dear LORD, thank YOU for this reader. Thank YOU for his or her faith in YOUR SON, JESUS. Please open our eyes and reveal who YOU are today. amen

No comments:

Post a Comment