Friday, April 22, 2022

Broken, Abolished and United

Broken, Abolished and United

Ephesians 2: 14 For Christ himself has brought us peace by making Jews and Gentiles one people. With his own body he broke down the wall that separated them and kept them enemies. 15 He abolished the Jewish Law with its commandments and rules, in order to create out of the two races one new people in union with himself, in this way making peace. 

 

============

 

“Give me that” the teacher said to us. We were fighting over a certain toy. I said it was mine because I saw it first. She said it was hers because she always played with it. Both arguments were sound, but flawed.

 

  • I wanted to win the argument.
  • I wanted to get my way.
  • I wanted to be the one with favor so I presented “my” case so I could get “my” way.

 

Paul continues speaking about racism and classism. Church leaders were using the Law as a means to keep people separated. The outcasts and those who were not born into a certain race, developed their own communities where they could be accepted. Nothing was working. Hatred abounded. BUT GOD did something about it.

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants me to have peace so HE broke down the rules that cause any separation from HIM or HIS children.
  • GOD wants me to belong to the entire family rather than dividing into factions.
  • GOD wants me to receive HIS peace by understanding HIS desire for unification.

 

“CHRIST HIMSELF brought us peace by making Jews and Gentiles one people. “ HE does not condone favoritism, nor is one race higher than another. HE sees the efforts of each human trying to reign superiority over one another, so HE came up with a plan. HE took the thing they were fighting over away and told all humans to reconcile.

 

Unfortunately we have a sin nature that blinds us to unity. We settle for a smaller group that accepts our sin rather than trying to bring all people back to GOD in union with CHRIST. HE made us special to reach a specific group. I am grateful JESUS accepted me into HIS family and gives me peace.

 

Challenge

  • What is the writer’s appeal about racism?
  • Have you ever experienced racism. classism, sexism, ageism or something else that separates you from being united in CHRIST?
  • Will you break down the barriers, abolish whatever rule you may hold onto and point people to the one true answer, namely JESUS?

No comments:

Post a Comment