Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Assurance

Assurance

Ephesians 1: 13 And you also became God's people when you heard the true message, the Good News that brought you salvation. You believed in Christ, and God put his stamp of ownership on you by giving you the Holy Spirit he had promised. 14 The Spirit is the guarantee that we shall receive what God has promised his people, and this assures us that God will give complete freedom to those who are his. Let us praise his glory!

 

============

 

Startled by a loud noise I ran to my parents. I clung onto the leg of one then the other. After investigation, they said to me calmly, “There is nothing to worry about.” It took a little while, but I could go on playing.

 

  • I get startled by troubles.
  • I get shaken up by bad news.
  • I get scared, worried and doubtful when things seem to be going “wrong.”

 

After facing major difficulties, Paul sensed the people needed a word of encouragement. He had face major opposition from the church leaders, regarding following GOD. The murderers of JESUS led the church, making people fear for their lives. Assurance was needed.

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants me to have peace.
  • GOD wants me to know the truth.
  • GOD wants me to praise HIS glory for setting me free.

 

Heard. Believed. Received. This three-step process gives me assurance that the promises of GOD are sealed up for me. I can do as I please. BUT GOD reigns me in because HE placed the HOLY SPIRIT inside me to guide me away from things that may harm me.

 

I would choose the wrong path all the time. But the HOLY SPIRIT whispers, “Forgive” and “Love those who hate you” and “Serve ‘that’ person.” Recognizing that I am GOD’s possession, I surrender to the SPIRIT. I am glad I can have assurance in all of HIS promises for me!

 

Challenge

  • Have you ever questioned GOD’s existence or why JESUS had to die or some other doubt about HIM?
  • Have you also feared something or worried?
  • How do you feel when you read the writer’s words?
  • Will you rest assured that GOD loves you dearly and has a great plan for you, full of HIS promises that completely give you freedom today?

No comments:

Post a Comment