Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Made for This

Made for This

Ephesians 2: In our union with Christ Jesus he raised us up with him to rule with him in the heavenly world. He did this to demonstrate for all time to come the extraordinary greatness of his grace in the love he showed us in Christ Jesus. 8-9 For it is by God's grace that you have been saved through faith. It is not the result of your own efforts, but God's gift, so that no one can boast about it. 10 God has made us what we are, and in our union with Christ Jesus he has created us for a life of good deeds, which he has already prepared for us to do.

 

============

 

“Come on in!” a greeter said to us. It was our first time packing food for a well known group who provides hunger relief. She seemed to be perfect at making us feel welcome. The people who served there were also great at what they were doing. Our trainer was patient with all of our questions. He helped out as we worked through the day.

 

  • It seemed like each person was made for what they were doing.
  • I could see the excitement in their heart by their actions and their words.
  • They seemed like they were at peace with what he or she was doing.

 

Paul introduces us to the sovereignty of GOD. He explains that we were made by GOD for a “life of good deeds.” This is a strange thought, because some of the church leaders presented GOD as something or someone who serves us and gives us stuff. Paul also addresses the source of true grace.

 

My Observations

  • GOD has prepared good deeds HE wants me to do.
  • GOD made me to be in union with CHRIST JESUS.
  • GOD gave me grace before I chose HIM, so I cannot give myself credit for HIS love.

 

Any good deed deserves thankfulness, but it really should go to GOD. I mean, HIS gracious gift of JESUS is the only action that makes us do what is good and pleasing to HIM. GOD showed HIS extraordinary greatness by reaching down and picking all of us up through faith in JESUS.

 

HE saw the calamity I was headed for and rescued me from myself. He then planned a life of good deeds I can do for others so they may see HIS great grace. I gladly accept HIS plan for me in service to others.

 

Challenge

  • What does the writer say about your efforts?
  • Have you ever wanted to hear “thank you” from people?
  • Will you give GOD thanks for making you the way you are and for giving you “good deeds” for you to do, to draw people back to HIM through the love of JESUS today?

No comments:

Post a Comment