Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Nothing Held Back

Nothing Held Back

Ephesians 1: Let us give thanks to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! For in our union with Christ he has blessed us by giving us every spiritual blessing in the heavenly world. Even before the world was made, God had already chosen us to be his through our union with Christ, so that we would be holy and without fault before him.

 

============

 

Searching for some relaxation, I pursued life’s pleasures. I was now out of “the house” and on my own. Parties were fun, sex was fun and waking up in the middle of the afternoon was fun. But life had a way of returning. Sometimes life came back faster and harder than I wanted.

 

  • I had a misconception of heaven.
  • I thought I could find a bit of perfection here on Earth.
  • I wanted relief from life so I indulged in the world’s ideas of what a “blessed” life is.

 

Paul clears up a misconception of being able to find heaven on earth. He also gives everyone who believes in JESUS some relief that their sins are forgiven and we are declared “holy” and “without fault.”

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants me to focus on HIS tremendous blessings HE has given me.
  • GOD wants me to know JESUS and for JESUS to know me so I can receive spiritual blessings.
  • GOD wants me to understand that HE chose me to be with JESUS before HE made me.

 

Spiritual blessings are hard to imagine. I mean, I am so immersed in what the world dictates as “blessed.” Whether it is the lust for money, power or pleasure, life has a way of clouding my vision of what true blessings really are.

 

When I turn to the world, I tend to get mad at GOD for not “blessing” me enough. I look at bills, or people’s actions, or where I am in life and question GOD. BUT GOD took care of my doubts, fears and lusts. HE gave me a wonderful gift, namely JESUS and now I have every spiritual blessing in the heavenly world I can get. I thank GOD for the many blessings HE poured out on me.

 

Challenge

  • Where is the writer’s focus?
  • Is it possible we may have a misconception of what heaven is?
  • Will you give GOD the FATHER your thankfulness today for having chosen you and for giving you HIS all?

No comments:

Post a Comment