Thursday, April 28, 2022

Made Special

Made Special

Ephesians 3: I was made a servant of the gospel by God's special gift, which he gave me through the working of his power. I am less than the least of all God's people; yet God gave me this privilege of taking to the Gentiles the Good News about the infinite riches of Christ, and of making all people see how God's secret plan is to be put into effect.

 

============

 

Doing an assessment of my skills, looks and accomplishments when I was insecure made me feel like I was not going to get anywhere soon. I saw people reach heights and overcome hurdles, yet I felt I had done nothing and was headed nowhere.

 

  • I felt like I was insignificant.
  • I compared myself to other people and felt bad about what I had done.
  • I thought I was not special and had no gifts or talents.

 

Saul was zealous about GOD. He persecuted those who were not following the rules to the letter. He was given permission to have people killed. GOD called Saul to preach about the love of JESUS, and renamed him Paul, who wrote this letter. He stopped persecuting the church, lost his worldly title, became insignificant to humans and became special to GOD.

 

My Observations

  • GOD sees me when humans do not.
  • GOD made me special to reach those HE wants me to reach.
  • GOD wants me to see that being HIS servant is a privilege.

 

Standing firm on the belief of JESUS can make anyone feel insignificant. I mean, the world praises celebrities, politicians, rich and powerful people. It sometimes seems like those who follow JESUS are the opposite of famous people. BUT GOD sees different.

 

When one person believes in JESUS there is incredible rejoicing in heaven! To the world, this seems insignificant, but to GOD, this means everything. HE stores up treasures in heaven for those who use their special gift to make people see HIS secret plan put into effect. I gladly use my gifts and talents to serve GOD by the working of HIS power.

 

Challenge

  • Can you hear the maturity of the writer?
  • Why do you think he calls it a privilege to take the Good News to the Gentiles?
  • If you feel less than special, will you stop looking at yourself and look at GOD’s incredible power and simply point one person to the infinite riches of CHRIST today?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment