Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Heart Repair

Heart Repair

Philippians 1: From Paul and Timothy, servants of Christ Jesus—

To all God's people in Philippi who are in union with Christ Jesus, including the church leaders and helpers:

 

May God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ give you grace and peace.

 

============

 

Just getting a job was my heart’s desire at one point. But after a period of working, it was not enough. I needed to move up in the company. The pay, while good at one point, was now not enough. The work seemed repetitive and the people wore me down. “Why do they always listen to that guy?” was my complaint.

 

  • I was discontent
  • I wanted more.
  • I lost my thankfulness.

 

Paul and Timothy send greetings to everyone through a letter to the Philippians. The title they gave themselves was that of a “servant.”  Their desire was to bless everyone with grace and peace that only came from GOD.

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants me to trade in my need to be on top to that of being on the bottom.
  • GOD wants me to desire more for others than myself.
  • GOD wants me to value being a servant more than being served.

 

Serving people is GOD’s highest honor. I mean, when I serve someone, the hole in my heart gets filled. Unfortunately, when I am serving people for my own personal gain, then it can wear on me, causing me to be discontent. I long for something else “better” than the role I am playing at the moment.

 

BUT GOD has a remedy. HE makes me a servant wherever I am. HE guides my mindset to giving others the best, knowing I am adding to a huge “reward” account HE is storing up for me. HE changes my view of something negative into seeing that I  am serving others because HE wants me to. I am glad GOD guides me to those HE wants me to serve.

 

Challenge

  • What stands out to you in this opening greeting from the writers?
  • Have you ever felt discontent even when your prayers have been answered?
  • Will you receive GOD’s grace and peace today by taking a deep breath and serving others without expectations so HE will fill your heart with overflowing thanksgiving?

No comments:

Post a Comment