Monday, June 27, 2022

Living It Up

 

Living It Up

Philippians 1: 21 For what is life? To me, it is Christ. Death, then, will bring more. 22 But if by continuing to live I can do more worthwhile work, then I am not sure which I should choose. 23 I am pulled in two directions. I want very much to leave this life and be with Christ, which is a far better thing; 24 but for your sake it is much more important that I remain alive. 25 I am sure of this, and so I know that I will stay. I will stay on with you all, to add to your progress and joy in the faith, 26 so that when I am with you again, you will have even more reason to be proud of me in your life in union with Christ Jesus.

 

============

 

“You haven’t lived until you’ve ridden our roller coaster” was the ad that made me curious. Up until then, my life was mundane, but this rollercoaster ride will solve everything. The same was said about vacation spots, cars and other experiences.

 

  • I was told what living was all about from sales people.
  • I was jealous over pictures of people who seemed to be having “fun.”
  • I thought “living” was indulging in as much of what the world had to offer, with no limits.

 

Paul addresses “life” and “death” from the perspective of “purpose.” To the world, Paul would look like a failure. He was a criminal who was despised by churchy people. He dedicated his entire life to preach the message of CHRIST. This made life worth living.

 

My Observations

  • Life with CHRIST as a purpose, leaves me not wanting or missing anything.
  • Life to GOD is me having the pursuit of bringing HIS creations back to HIM.
  • Life is more than what the world has to offer.

 

Having things or going places is not a problem when it is not the only pursuit in life, I mean, it is okay to go on a vacation or buy stuff, but when I get nervous that I cannot buy more stuff, or when most of my thinking is guided by living for more of the “world” I reduce living to see people come to the saving knowledge of JESUS.

 

My blinders cause worry which can lead to thinking no one loves me, not even GOD, when things are going wrong. Mental and physical pain can sometimes grow to the point where I cry out, “Just take me!” BUT GOD is merciful and wants me to stay for HIS purpose. I gladly serve GOD with vigor and determination.

 

Challenge

  • What state of mind do you think the writer is in?
  • Have you ever felt like giving up on life because things are not going your way?
  • Will you know that GOD loves you dearly and that you were made unique to reach specific people only you can reach for CHRIST?
  • Will you live your life with purpose that extends beyond the things of this world today?

No comments:

Post a Comment