Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Readiness

 

Readiness

Ephesians 6: 14 So stand ready, with truth as a belt tight around your waist, with righteousness as your breastplate, 15 and as your shoes the readiness to announce the Good News of peace.

 

============

 

“Where is the rest of the presentation?” was the question that caught me by surprise. A senior leader was practicing and my part was incomplete. I had to make up something to keep the situation from boiling over. I blamed it on the technology and said I will try to “recover” it soon.

 

  • I was not ready with the truth.
  • I was not ready with what I was supposed to be doing.
  • I was not ready to take on responsibility and I flew by the seat of my pants.

 

“Stand ready” were the words of inspiration Paul gave everyone. Life had become hard for many, and people were getting discouraged. They turned to exaggerations, faking it until they made it and would no longer speak about JESUS, rather their own pursuits.

 

My Observations

  • Life’s situations can take me away from GOD’s truth when I am not ready.
  • I will turn to ways that are unrighteous unless I get ready.
  • My own pursuits, desires and dreams can keep me too busy to open my mouth for the “Good News of peace.”

 

“Stand ready” means I have gotten into a position where I am ready. I mean, I needed to have already changed my mind to serve GOD before life’s storms hit. When life comes at me, then I can “Stand ready” versus falling down.

 

GOD wants me to stay away from the world’s manipulations so I can accept HIS righteousness, and so HE can put me in places where I can speak the “Good News of peace.” I am glad GOD puts me on HIS path to “Stand Ready” versus getting ready someday.

 

Challenge

  • What do you think the writer means by “readiness?”
  • Is there another path to self-preservation in this passage?
  • Will you protect yourself against life’s challenges by becoming more prepared to speak about the “Good News of peace” which is the salvation through belief in JESUS today?

No comments:

Post a Comment