Friday, June 24, 2022

Courage for Duty

 

Courage for Duty

Philippians 1: 20 My deep desire and hope is that I shall never fail in my duty, but that at all times, and especially right now, I shall be full of courage, so that with my whole being I shall bring honor to Christ, whether I live or die.

 

============

 

“Why are you doing that?” some people questioned. “You could get sick or even die” was the escalated statement that made me nervous, but I felt led to go on the missions trip anyway.

 

  • Going someplace outside my comfort zone did not make sense.
  • Leaving a place where everything was alright seemed counterintuitive.
  • Doing difficult things for GOD instead of easy things for myself seemed out of the ordinary.

 

Paul gave up everything to serve GOD. He had status, power and was probably very wealthy being a Pharisee of Pharisees. JESUS changed his life and now his deepest desire was to carry out the duties that bring honor to CHRIST.

 

My Observations

  • Life serving GOD can get scary, especially when the evil one presents alternatives.
  • Unknown paths look fearful BUT GOD wants me to walk with HIM down them.
  • Faithful service may sometimes seem fruitless, BUT GOD wants me to have courage to continue.

 

“Keep going” are words that seem hard to do sometimes. I mean, when I feel “discouraged” I want to give up. Problem after problem after problem makes me think there is no relief in sight. BUT GOD says “Be strong and of good courage.”

 

GOD knows the future and HE knows why HE has me serving HIM. HE sees the adversary and has taken his tactics into account. No matter what happens, GOD wants me to keep my sense of duty to HIM. I gladly serve GOD, because I have no other place that provides refuge like HIM.

 

Challenge

  • What is the writer’s duty?
  • Have you ever been led to serve GOD even though it may seem scary?
  • Will you be “encouraged” to have “courage” to keep going so your service my “bring honor to CHRIST” today?

No comments:

Post a Comment