Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Know It’s Coming

Ephesians 6: 10 Finally, build up your strength in union with the Lord and by means of his mighty power. 11 Put on all the armor that God gives you, so that you will be able to stand up against the Devil's evil tricks. 12 For we are not fighting against human beings but against the wicked spiritual forces in the heavenly world, the rulers, authorities, and cosmic powers of this dark age. 13 So put on God's armor now! Then when the evil day comes, you will be able to resist the enemy's attacks; and after fighting to the end, you will still hold your ground.

 

============

 

After moving in the house and getting all the furniture situated, we finally settled in. It was summer, so we planted flowers. I was given a lawnmower so I could cut the grass. But then winter hit. The snow came and I found myself without a shovel.

 

  • I was unprepared for the season.
  • I was focused only on one season, but ill prepared for another.
  • I was caught off guard and found it difficult to react to the season.

 

“Build up your strength” is Paul’s warning to everyone. He had personally suffered for the purpose of spreading the love of CHRIST. People twisting his love and devaluing his motive led to extreme actions that stemmed from Satanic attacks. There was a remedy.

 

My Observations

  • Unite with the LORD is the first thing GOD wants me to do.
  • Put on GOD’s armor is a step HE wants me to take to become prepared for the “Devil’s evil tricks.”
  • Resist the enemy’s attacks is the part of the battle GOD wants me to participate in.

 

Prepare yourself is a tough statement to hear. I mean, it’s easier to fight things and people we cannot see. We try to make sense out of the world through labels so we can understand. But life is messy because of one being, namely Satan. He wants to trick people who are not prepared and attacks those who have grown weary.

 

BUT GOD is there to help. HE provides peace in the middle of the storm. When the focus is on GOD, the waves of life die down because of HIS mighty power. All issues must bow to GOD’s authority. I gladly put on HIS armor now!

 

Challenge

  • What is the true fight the writer is speaking of?
  • Have you grown weary of all the battles you have faced in life?
  • Will you stop fighting with your own strength, thinking you can come up with the answer and allow GOD to heal your situation, knowing you may be attacked, yet will emerge through the fire victoriously!?

No comments:

Post a Comment