Friday, June 17, 2022

Transposed Heart

Transposed Heart

Philippians 1: You are always in my heart! And so it is only right for me to feel as I do about you. For you have all shared with me in this privilege that God has given me, both now that I am in prison and also while I was free to defend the gospel and establish it firmly. God is my witness that I tell the truth when I say that my deep feeling for you all comes from the heart of Christ Jesus himself.

 

============

 

Speeding down the expressway, I was making “good” time. I prided myself on driving fast without endangering slowpokes around me. As traffic slowed up ahead, I did the same. But before I could get near to the car in front of me, another car darted in. This made me mad. The darter then took off on the shoulder and weaved dangerously through traffic with numerous near misses.

 

  • I hoped to see him or her in an accident!
  • I wanted the worst to happen to the driver to teach him or her a lesson.
  • I looked intently to see if there was a wreck that included the darter and was slightly disappointed when I did not.

 

Paul expresses his deep gratitude for those who helped him spread the Gospel of JESUS. Their loyalty to GOD was shown whether Paul was in prison or free. This only came because Saul, now Paul, had a change of heart.

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants me to give HIM my heart so HE can change it.
  • Slow to anger, and quick to forgive are traits GOD has and wants me to mimic.
  • Seeing someone else’s purpose in GOD is HIS desire for me.

 

Being excited about someone who is excited for GOD is what I am supposed to do. I mean, rather than complain about how he or she said something wrong or sang something out of tune or did not give, GOD wants me excited that he or she has accepted CHRIST as the Savior.

 

With this excitement, I should have no complaints. Unfortunately, like the darting driver, I wanted to see people “get theirs.” BUT GOD has way too much grace for that. HE allows him or her to sin, thinking they got away with it. HE also sees my calloused heart and forgives that too. HE says “MY grace is sufficient” and means it. I am glad the HOLY SPIRIT gives me a new heart daily.

 

Challenge

  • What is the heart of the writer?
  • Have you ever been upset at someone and wanted him or her to fail?
  • Will you ask GOD to change your heart versus trying to get HIM to change “that” person today?

No comments:

Post a Comment