Monday, June 6, 2022

New Employer

New Employer

Ephesians 6: Slaves, obey your human masters with fear and trembling; and do it with a sincere heart, as though you were serving Christ. Do this not only when they are watching you, because you want to gain their approval; but with all your heart do what God wants, as slaves of Christ. Do your work as slaves cheerfully, as though you served the Lord, and not merely human beings. Remember that the Lord will reward each of us, whether slave or free, for the good work we do.

 

Masters, behave in the same way toward your slaves and stop using threats. Remember that you and your slaves belong to the same Master in heaven, who judges everyone by the same standard.

 

============

 

Finding a bathroom that was seldom used, I went into a stall for a nap. It was a summer job and my responsibilities didn’t seem to matter. “So what if the copier was not full of paper?” I justified in my mind.

 

  • I justified whatever action I wanted to do.
  • I felt they would not miss me when I was goofing off.
  • I still expected to be paid for the hours I was not working.

 

Paul addressed the workforce, which was no small topic. Some people had complaints about the work he or she was doing. Others complained about their employer. Some employers complained about their employees. Still others were taken into slavery against their will. What was the answer to this huge mess? Work for a new employer.

 

My Observations

  • My mindset towards work should be focused on pleasing GOD.
  • My zeal to be promoted should be tempered by doing what is pleasing to the LORD.
  • My dislike for what I do for work should be filtered through GOD’s reward HE is storing up for me in heaven.

 

Involuntary slavery is abysmal and those who steal people for their personal gain should be reckoned with harshly by GOD. But what about voluntary slavery, also known as jobs? GOD wants employees and employers to see HIM in everything we do.


GOD is the answer to treating people fairly in the workforce. Unfortunately, inequity reigns supreme. A solution is to keep going by working for the LORD. HE sees when you are overlooked, underpaid and slighted. HE also sees when you take time and material for yourself that belongs to your employer, or when you mistreat employees. I am glad GOD “sees me” in all I do.

 

Challenge

  • Is this passage hard to read?
  • If you are an employee or an employer, what changes can you make based on your relationship to GOD?
  • Will you seek equality and fairness, knowing GOD is watching and rewarding you for your attitude towards HIM versus trying to get ahead by pleasing humans today?

No comments:

Post a Comment