Thursday, June 30, 2022

All Together

 

All Together

Philippians 2: Your life in Christ makes you strong, and his love comforts you. You have fellowship with the Spirit, and you have kindness and compassion for one another. I urge you, then, to make me completely happy by having the same thoughts, sharing the same love, and being one in soul and mind. 

 

============

 

When a car was stuck in the snow, the remedy was to “rock it out.” I and others volunteered to help. Some got in the front, some in the back. When a person yelled “Push!”, we all began to push. The car went nowhere. Turns out we were supposed to push from the front, then the back to create a “rocking” motion. And, to top it off, the driver had his foot on the brake.

 

  • I felt I was strong and wanted to help.
  • I was doing my part as an individual but things were still not quite right.
  • I was part of a group, but we were not united in what we were supposed to be doing.

 

Paul compliments those who have dedicated their lives to CHRIST. He noticed their reliance on the LORD, their kindness and compassion. He then urged the group to take it to another level. Be united in love, soul and mind.

 

My Observations

  • It is easy for me to love CHRIST alone, but harder to fit into many different styles.
  • It is easy for me to be comforted by the HOLY SPIRIT, but harder to share the same love GOD wants me to have with others.
  • It is easy for me to have kindness and compassion for others, but harder for me to be one in CHRIST in “soul and mind.”

 

Unity is highly important to GOD. I mean, HE even said the greatest commandment is to “Love one another.” Unfortunately, like the car stuck in the snow example, we get together, meaning well, and start doing things as individuals. Our individual efforts sometimes work against the overall goal.

 

BUT GOD has a remedy. “Have the same thoughts, share the same love, and be one in soul and mind.” Easy? No! But fortunately there is a starting point, namely JESUS. The world has many answers that are temporary or done with hidden motives. GOD wants me to take the step to unify with groups that do not look or act like me. It is hard, but I am glad GOD appreciates it.

 

Challenge

  • What compliments do you notice in this passage?
  • Can you identify with some or all of these encouraging words?
  • Will you seek to take the next step by figuring out how to unify in CHRIST without making other people follow your thinking today?

No comments:

Post a Comment