Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Unstoppable Effectiveness

Unstoppable Effectiveness

Philippians 1: 12 I want you to know, my friends, that the things that have happened to me have really helped the progress of the gospel. 13 As a result, the whole palace guard and all the others here know that I am in prison because I am a servant of Christ. 14 And my being in prison has given most of the believers more confidence in the Lord, so that they grow bolder all the time to preach the message fearlessly.

 

============

 

Being at a church that boasted about diversity, I was led to speak about the misuse of rules and race to keep people blinded. I said it in one statement. “Must do’s and skin hues equals bad news” regarding decision making. I then said “JESUS does not look at the outside but the inside.” That was the last time I was allowed to speak.

 

  • I was not allowed to speak, but it did not stop me from speaking.
  • I was not allowed to communicate, but it did not stop me from communicating.
  • I was not allowed to deliver the message of salvation, but it did not stop me from delivering the message of salvation.

 

Paul was jailed by the church leaders. They had the power and the connections to silence who they saw fit. But Paul could not be silenced. GOD had appointed Paul to speak boldly for and about HIM, no matter where he was. He did so and it was effective.

 

My Observations

  • No matter where I am, GOD wants me to carry HIS name before me.
  • No matter what circumstance I am in, GOD wants me to remember that I am a spokesperson for HIM.
  • No matter who is trying to suppress GOD’s message of love and salvation, HE wants me to continue to be bold .

 

Slander, canceled platforms, power moves and other manipulation cannot stop GOD’s word from being spread. I mean, after self-examination, asking GOD for forgiveness, a change of heart for people and asking GOD for HIS words, I should feel ready to speak. But there have been times when I felt embarrassed or fearful to speak about GOD.

 

When I got a title, I felt it inappropriate to be bold for GOD. When I was lusting in bars I felt the same way. GOD forgave me, picked me up and said “Go make disciples” to me anyway. HIS message cannot be stopped. I am glad HE can still use me even when I am broken or displaced.

 

Challenge

  • What do you think the writer’s purpose is?
  • Have you ever been removed, silenced or slandered and thought GOD can no longer use you?
  • Will you speak boldly about JESUS no matter where you are today?

No comments:

Post a Comment