Thursday, June 16, 2022

Finished What Was Started

Finished What Was Started

Philippians 1:And so I am sure that God, who began this good work in you, will carry it on until it is finished on the Day of Christ Jesus. 

 

============

 

Another large obstacle felt daunting “again.” The first few obstacles seemed easy to overcome, but after days turned into months and months turned into years, another obstacle seemed harder to get over. Even small setbacks seemed large.

 

  • I felt like giving up when I was faced with an obstacle that would take time to get over.
  • I wanted to stop trying when others walked away.
  • I considered letting go when I did not see measurable results the world was expecting.

 

Paul slips in a word of encouragement that could easily be overlooked. New believers in JESUS may start off with zeal, but when life’s challenges get to them, many want to give up and fall away. BUT GOD sees something different.

 

My Observations

  • It takes “faith” that only comes from GOD to keep going when the odds are against me.
  • It takes “letting go” of things that belong to GOD so HE can remove the barriers to HIS plan.
  • It takes “belief” that HIS plan includes me and my mistakes and my successes.

 

There are good days and bad days, successes and failures. Both live together. It’s when the bad days meet with my failures that make me want to give up. BUT GOD opens my eyes to something special. Reading the sentence without pointing to myself make me see that GOD has a plan that cannot be stopped.

 

“And I am sure that GOD”… “will carry it on until it is finished on the Day of CHRIST JESUS.” GOD will carry it on, not me. HE began the work in me and will finish HIS work with extreme success through me because HIS plans never fail. HE chose me with my weaknesses, frailties and faults to do HIS perfect plan. I am glad HE carries out HIS plan to the finish.

 

Challenge

  • What is the writer sure about?
  • What “good work” has GOD began in you?
  • Have you ever felt like giving up?
  • Will you continue to the end and allow GOD to carry the plan until it is finished?

No comments:

Post a Comment