Monday, June 13, 2022

Sending Encouragement

Sending Encouragement

Ephesians 6: 21 Tychicus, our dear brother and faithful servant in the Lord's work, will give you all the news about me, so that you may know how I am getting along. 22 That is why I am sending him to you—to tell you how all of us are getting along and to encourage you.

 

23 May God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ give to all Christians peace and love with faith. 24 May God's grace be with all those who love our Lord Jesus Christ with undying love.

 

============

 

Feeling pretty good, I walked into the group. I had a smile on my face for no reason. “What are you smiling about” a person groused at me. “Didn’t you hear the news?” People led into raising complaints about what was going on. By the end of the day, I felt like complaining.

 

  • I was infected by negative words.
  • I was pulled down by the current situation.
  • I could not see the positive because all who were around me were negative.

 

Paul concludes his letter with encouragement. He sent a letter and Tychicus to encourage those who would read it. Some of the words in the letter may have been a bit harsh, and needed context. Paul wanted people to grow up and change, but was perceptive enough to know they needed encourage encouragement.

 

My Observations

  • Peace and love are great gifts to give others because these belong to GOD to hand out freely.
  • Grace is much needed and can be given in healthy portions according to GOD.
  • Encouragement is part of my walk with GOD so I should give it when I can.

 

Sometimes walking with GOD seems like only taking medicine. I mean, it seems hard and full of stuff that I “need” to do versus “want” to do. BUT GOD wants more than a medicinal relationship. HE wants us to be encouraged when things are rough.

 

Sometimes I need encouragement, and sometimes I need to encourage others and there are times when I need to have the HOLY SPIRIT encourage me through HIS word. I am glad GOD encourages us to keep going. I encourage you and hope this message blesses you.

 

Challenge

  • Do you feel the encouragement from the writer?
  • Have you ever been encouraged by someone?
  • Will you encourage someone to keep going with GOD today?

No comments:

Post a Comment