Luke 17: 10 So you also, when you have done everything you were told to do, should say, ‘We are unworthy servants; we have only done our duty.’
GOD is pretty convenient to me sometimes. HE just sits in the corner collecting dust and when I face trouble and adversity I just go to the corner, dust HIM off and pray to HIM. HE seems to be a hostage to my every beckon call.
- GOD does not deserve to be treated like a servant even though HE is the best at being one.
- GOD desires true worship from me but my selfishness gets in the way.
- GOD is not impressed by the five minutes I spend being “good” because HE really knows my heart.
Sometimes I get rather “deserving” when it comes to my relationship with GOD. I get mad at HIM because HE hasn’t given me my way. I mean I went to church, gave my money and prayed for that thing, what more does HE want?!
- Serving GOD is a privilege, not a way to manipulate HIM into giving me more.
- Serving GOD is only a small part of my relationship with HIM.
- Serving GOD is my duty, loving GOD is my need.
I’ll say it again, “GOD is not impressed with my service” but HE does get excited when I love HIM with all my heart, with all my mind and with all my soul. When I place my faith in HIS ways and mistrust mine, HE shows me HIS might and fights my battles.
- Are you trying to manipulate GOD into giving you something?
- Can you trust HIM to give you a wonderful blessing?
- Will you drop your usual expectations of HIM that set HIM up for failure?
- Will you serve GOD today strictly out of your love for HIM, not expecting anything in return?