Friday, August 12, 2011

“Give” your worries away.


Luke 12:   32 “Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom. 33 Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will never fail, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. 34 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”

============

Every dime had to be accounted for after the job elimination. After being able to buy anything, it became difficult to adhere to a budget to only buy the necessities. With the account diminishing and expenses rising I just shook my head and questioned in a worried state, “why me?”
  • When my possessions become more important than GOD’s plan I worry.
  • When my happiness is based on getting more things I don’t seek GOD.
  • When my feeling of security is based on my bank account I don’t rest when it diminishes.
During these times of economic woes GOD wants me to stand firm with faith in HIM. HE knows exactly what I need and it’s up to me to accept getting “needs” versus “wants.” Unfortunately for me I tasted getting more “wants” than “needs” in the past.
  • When I worry about money GOD wants me to give it away then it won’t have control of me.
  • When I worry about my house GOD wants me to open it up to serve others.
  • When I worry about my possessions GOD wants me to give them to HIM to do with them as HE pleases.

Whatever is mine is GOD’s. If HE wants to take HIS stuff back then it’s up to HIM. If HE wants me to have more then it’s up to me to ask HIM what HE wants me to do with HIS stuff. I have noticed my worries disappearing and my feeling of anxiety dissipating when I give according to GOD’s plan.

Oh, and one more thing I have noticed, people who are in need are becoming whole through GOD’s blessings of the stuff HE has entrusted to me.
  • Are you worried about losing “your” stuff?
  • Can you give “your” stuff to GOD and allow HIM to do what HE wants with it?
  • Are you willing to help “that” person who is in more need than you?
  • Will you step up your generosity no matter what financial circumstance you are in?  

No comments:

Post a Comment