Monday, August 22, 2011

The Bible verse that scared me straight!

Luke 13: 23 Someone asked him, “Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?”
   He said to them, 24 “Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. 25 Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, ‘Sir, open the door for us.’

   “But he will answer, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from.’

============

Many people have asked me in disbelief “would GOD send a person to Hell?” The answer is emphatically “YES”, but not in a happy way. The concept of Hell has been debated by many theologians. They question “if GOD created Hell, then is HE evil?” Well, they can question all they want to… all I know is salvation is extremely precious and should not be taken lightly.

  • I believe GOD is pure love who created humans and angels with free will to choose HIM.
  • I believe Satan chose not to follow GOD but attempted to be GOD.
  • I believe GOD threw Satan out of heaven and in a tantrum Satan tried to ruin all humans with sin.
  • I believe JESUS is the part of GOD who volunteered to die in my place to atone for my sins.
  • I believe the FATHER agreed JESUS should become human and walk on earth without sinning.
  • I believe JESUS allowed HIMSELF to be murdered in order to save me.
  • I believe JESUS sent the HOLY SPIRIT to live inside me until my earthly body dies.
  • I believe I will live the remainder of my eternal life with the FATHER, SON and HOLY SPIRIT.

GOD took care of everything.  HE didn’t want to lose any human so HE took it upon HIMSELF to uphold the perfect standard HE set and that is to remain sinless while dying for me. This act of love is held paramount to any activity I can get involved in on earth. Unfortunately there will be those who do not believe JESUS is GOD or that there is a GOD at all.

This verse scared me half to death. Did I truly believe? What if I were one of the ones knocking trying to get in heaven when it is all said and done? GOD assured me that “whoever believes in the SON shall have everlasting life.” Now HE wants me to make “every effort” to help others not reject HIS precious gift of eternal life.
  • How are you serving GOD?
  • Are you serving HIM your way instead of asking HIM how HE wants to be served?
  • Do you believe in “Heaven” and “Hell?”
  • Does being separated from GOD eternally move you at all or do you think it is just a myth?

No comments:

Post a Comment