Monday, August 15, 2011

I act like CHRIST isn’t coming back soon.

Luke 12: 54 He said to the crowd: “When you see a cloud rising in the west, immediately you say, ‘It’s going to rain,’ and it does. 55 And when the south wind blows, you say, ‘It’s going to be hot,’ and it is.

56 Hypocrites! You know how to interpret the appearance of the earth and the sky. How is it that you don’t know how to interpret this present time?
============

Freedom is something my wild spirit craves.  I want to do “what” I want to do “when” I want to do it, and then I want to conveniently ask GOD to forgive me. “I can have my cake and eat it too” is an old saying that suggests I want everything to go my way.

  • There are currently wars and rumors of wars just as JESUS said.
  • The earth’s natural state is becoming more violent just as JESUS said.
  • Human’s attitudes toward one another will become less and less compassionate just as JESUS said.

How does wanting what I want, when I want it relate to JESUS’ return? Well, my wants, lusts and desires cause me to take my eyes off of JESUS. I think to myself, “HE won’t return soon so I can do this sin and simply ask HIM for forgiveness, HE’LL understand.” Yes JESUS has forgiven me for “ALL” my sins but has not remove the consequences for all my actions.

  • I must treat JESUS’ return as a sacred event that is imminent.
  • I must treat JESUS’ return as something that guides my actions day and night.
  • I must treat JESUS’ return as the only important event that happens next.

As an executive we develop ten year plans, but are there ten years left? There are many who scoff at CHRIST’s return because of the false predictions and ludicrous behaviors of those who claim to follow JESUS yet do opposite of HIS compassionate teaching.

I truly believe the time is getting ripe for HIS return. This belief changes my mind on the purpose of my life. Yes I will work, because GOD wants me to work. Yes I will plan because it would be foolish not to but I will also try to convince as many people as I can to not get too used to remaining on this GOD cursed wasteland.

Speaking about the future and the return of CHRIST sounds like a fairy tale or some wild superstition, but everything JESUS said is happening just as HE said.

  • Do you believe JESUS could return any moment?
  • Will you show compassion to as many people as you can?
  • Do you believe GOD made humans with free will and many will reject eternal life with HIM?
  • Do you believe your compassion can be used by GOD to draw people back to HIM?

No comments:

Post a Comment