Monday, August 1, 2011

Do I really believe GOD will fix it?

Luke 8: 24 The disciples went and woke him, saying, “Master, Master, we’re going to drown!”

   He got up and rebuked the wind and the raging waters; the storm subsided, and all was calm. 25 “Where is your faith?” he asked his disciples.

   In fear and amazement they asked one another, “Who is this? He commands even the winds and the water, and they obey him.”

============

Amazing accounts of miracles peaked my curiosity about the concept of “GOD.” Were these accounts true or were they made up? I questioned GOD and demanded that HE show me one of these “miracles.”

“If you are GOD then show me YOUR power!” I would exclaim. Yeah, I wouldn’t want to be standing next to me either.
  • JESUS’s miracles were meant to show the world HE cares, not as a parlor trick.
  • JESUS’s miracles were meant to establish that GOD became a human yet remained connected to the ultimate power of the FATHER.
  • JESUS’s miracles were meant to get everyone’s attention so they would not reject HIM rather embrace HIS gift of love.
GOD left my question unanswered. I read the Bible and got a sense of peace that GOD wants me to understand HIS unending love for me so HE gave just the right account of HIS love so I can manage through life’s difficult circumstances.

Whether I believe these miracles happened or not, JESUS is still GOD and is capable of doing anything and HE doesn’t need my permission to be GOD even if HE doesn’t perform a miracle for me.

The Bible helps me understand how to navigate “this” or “that” circumstance while remaining faithful to the one and only GOD. Now I am connected to GOD who has all the power to lead and protect me.
  • Do you believe in the miracles listed in the Bible?
  • Do you agree these miracles are listed to bring all humans back to HIM in a loving way?
  • Will you drop your doubt that GOD cannot handle your circumstances, even your repeated sin?

No comments:

Post a Comment