Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Am I ashamed of GOD?

Luke 9: 26 Whoever is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.
============
“Born again people are so annoying” a person said to me. They went on to say “they stopped me and tried to force their religion down my throat.” “This is awkward” I thought to myself. “What should I say? Should I tell them I am a follower of CHRIST? No way, that would be too embarrassing! I know… I’ll just keep it to myself and avoid the conflict.”
  • I get ashamed of GOD when I am in the middle of sin.
  • I get ashamed of GOD when I want to fit in.
  • I get ashamed of GOD when my position in life is more important than telling people about GOD’s one and only SON.
I never use the words “I’m ashamed of GOD” but my actions speak volumes. GOD wants me to never be ashamed of HIM or HIS ways. I have to admit, some of GOD’s ways are weird. That’s because I am looking at them through tainted lenses.
  • It’s weird to give when I don’t have much BUT GOD loves when I do.
  • It’s weird to pray for my enemies to prosper BUT GOD loves when I do.
  • It’s weird to be humble especially when passive aggressive arrogance is the way to a fortune BUT GOD loves when I am humble.
GOD loves when I take my will and submit it to HIS structures. One such structure is telling people about my sin and the forgiveness JESUS gives me all while not being ashamed. This boldness will bring persecution from humans and I won’t have my lustful way. BUT GOD will be pleased and will not be ashamed of me when HE returns.

  • Are you ashamed of GOD?
  • Do people know you are a child of GOD?
  • Does “that” person know you are a child of GOD?
  • Do people know the sinful you or the GODLY you?

No comments:

Post a Comment