Monday, August 29, 2011

Can I be trusted?

Luke 16:  10 “Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much. 11 So if you have not been trustworthy in handling worldly wealth, who will trust you with true riches? 12 And if you have not been trustworthy with someone else’s property, who will give you property of your own?

   13 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.”

============

Sunrise was beautiful as it glistened off the lake near my job, at least it was when I could pay attention to it. Unfortunately its beauty went unnoticed most days as I trudged into work half asleep.

My job was menial and repetitive to me so I would take frequent breaks and sometimes doze off in the washroom. I mean who should get up at this hour and why didn’t they give me more to do?

  • I should not be trusted if I am so focused with my life that I cannot see what’s going on with others.
  • I should not be trusted if I justify taking even a paperclip from work.
  • I should not be trusted if I think “they are rich they won’t miss it.”

Being trusted with little is harder than it looks.  Most would believe it’s all about money but it is really all about “attitude” with GOD. Selfishness can permeate every fragment of my soul which causes me to be blind to GOD’s plan. I can’t hear HIM nor can I see HIM do HIS thing when I am selfish so I wind up doing untrustworthy things.

  • GOD wants me to treat “every” dollar of my employer as if it were mine.
  • GOD wants me to view my job as a privilege not as if it were owed to me.
  • GOD wants me to give my wealth away not hoard it for myself.

GODLY wealth is bestowed on those who are willing to share in a graceful, mercy filled way. Satanic wealth is granted to those who lie, back-stab, cheat, and steal. Whether I am stealing time or materials from my employer to do personal things it’s wrong in GOD’s eyes and HE won’t trust me with HIS wealth on this earth or in heaven.

HE does get excited when I “entrust” all my money to HIM and bless others as much as I can.

  • Are you sneaky?
  • Do you steal personal time or material from your employer?
  • Are you working for a human or GOD?
  • Can you ask GOD to help you be trustworthy in all aspects of your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment