Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Grace is so much stronger than power!

Luke 9: 52 And he sent messengers on ahead, who went into a Samaritan village to get things ready for him; 53 but the people there did not welcome him, because he was heading for Jerusalem.

 54 When the disciples James and John saw this, they asked, “Lord, do you want us to call fire down from heaven to destroy them?” 55 But Jesus turned and rebuked them.

============

Bullies seem to be a way of life these days. Whether it is a terrorist, politician, gang member, corporate boss or simply the captain of the cheerleading squad those who chose to abuse power will exist to the end.

My ambition to climb the corporate ladder was fueled by fairness and equality yet admittedly at times it did feel good flex my muscles on those “I” perceived to be obnoxious and irresponsible. They would feel my wrath immediately with no apologies.
  • GOD’s grace is given to me in spite of me not because of me.
  • GOD’s grace means I have sided with the one who has all the power to condemn me because HE forgives me.
  • GOD’s grace is what I am supposed to show those who despise me, mock me, bully me and want to control me for their evil purposes.
James and John, nicknamed the sons of thunder, truly believed that fire would come from heaven to kill those who opposed JESUS and it probably would have if they asked. What faith however misguided. JESUS showed me that just because I am right, doesn’t mean I shouldn’t show grace to those who oppose me.
  • Is someone really annoying you?
  • Are you showing GOD’s grace to “that” person?
  • Do you realize the grace GOD has given you?

No comments:

Post a Comment