Monday, August 8, 2011

Can I have a good relationship with you?

Luke 11: 9 “So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

   11 “Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? 12 Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? 13 If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”

============

My parents didn’t know what they were doing at all or so I thought. They didn’t dance my dance, drink my drink, know about my technology or get my friends. How clueless could they be? I wanted out and I figured at seventeen I knew everything I needed to know about life so I didn’t ask many questions.
  • I will never have a good relationship with GOD unless I seek HIS heart.
  • I will never have a good relationship with my wife and kids unless I seek their needs and desires.
  • I will never have a good relationship with my parents, siblings, friends and neighbors unless I seek their problems and try to be there for them.
I never thought about asking for more of the HOLY SPIRIT. I mean didn’t GOD give HIM to me when I believed JESUS is GOD who died for my sins? Isn’t my relationship solid with that action? Yes, but I still have the rest of my life to live and I want to live it fully.

“Asking” according to GOD doesn’t seem to come from a selfish angle. “Asking” seems to be something HE wants me to do to be more like HIM.  Yes I could ask for money and more junk, BUT GOD is pleased when I simply ask HIM for more of HIM to serve others and let HIM do the rest.
HE wants me to ask for better relationships so that HE can be fully glorified and draw many people to HIM.
  • Do you have good relationships?
  • Have you asked for a better relationship with “that” person?
  • Will you seek GOD more in order to have better relationships?
  • Is the relationship the other person’s responsibility or is it yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment