Wednesday, August 24, 2011

What am I holding on to?

What am I holding on to?
Luke 14:33 In the same way, those of you who do not give up everything you have cannot be my disciples.

============

Giving up sin is one thing but you mean I have to give up stuff that seems to be alright to the LORD? What about my car? It’s not a sin to have a car is it? What about my house or my job or my wife and kids? What about the circumstance I’m worried about? How can I “give this up to GOD?”

  • Giving my family to GOD means I show acts of love to them and I pray for them just like GOD wants me to.
  • Giving my job to GOD means I work for HIM and not that crazy boss.
  • Giving my house to GOD means I will open it up to people to serve them for GOD.
  • Giving my car up to GOD means I will use it to transport thing to those in need.
  • Giving my worries, fears and doubts up to GOD means I am more open to accept the outcome GOD has chosen for thing I desire so much.

I actually tried this a few times and my mind rested so well. It doesn’t mean have no ambitions nor does it mean sit and be lazy waiting on GOD to do everything. What it means to give up “everything” is exactly that give GOD “everything” and treat it like it’s HIS because it is.

  • If GOD wants to take me down to the bottom then I should accept being taken there.
  • If GOD wants me to be on top HE will put me there and I should be humble when I get there.
  • If GOD wants me to have just a little then I should accept help from HIS servants.
  • If GOD wants me to have plenty then I have the responsibility to seek those who have little.

What about worries? I should give the thing I’m worried about to GOD and say, “whatever YOU want to do with this circumstance, it’s up to YOU LORD.” Giving GOD everything is quite refreshing.  HE has some huge shoulders that can carry all my issues and stuff, all I have to do is give it to HIM.

  • What are you holding onto?
  • Are you worried about finances, relationships, job or something out of your control?
  • Can you treat that thing like it’s not yours but GOD’s?
  • Can you look at “that” person or “that” thing like they or it belongs to GOD so you shouldn’t mistreat it?

No comments:

Post a Comment