Tuesday, August 30, 2011

What goes around comes around

Luke 16: 19 “There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20 At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21 and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.

   22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side.

============

“What goes around comes around” is what the old folks used to say. In other words “how I treat people is how I am going to get treated.” If that’s the case then either I have to start treating people nice real soon or my past will catch up to me.
  • Laughing at the demise of the “idiot” boss was my forte’ until my position was eliminated.
  • Ignorance of the poor and downtrodden was my mode of operation until I had to worry about my finances.
  • Thinking my parents and other adults were stupid was my mantra until I grew up and had kids of my own.
Now that I am older I understand the old folk’s statement. Truly “what goes around comes around.” It may not happen in this lifetime, but whatever seeds I sow on this earth will come to fruition. GOD wants me to plant heavenly seeds on earth to reap the harvest of eternal treasure.
  • Even though “that” person is not treating me right I have to treat them with grace.
  • Even though I may think I need “that” luxury item maybe there is a person whose “needs” aren’t being met.
  • Even though I have my own family I’m still not too old to glean wisdom from those who are older and wiser.
I need to treat people the way I want GOD to treat me. I want to be the center of HIS attention so my focus needs to be on HIS humans.
  • How are you treating people?
  • Are your relationships strong?
  • Do you seek out the poor for the purpose of serving them for GOD?
  • Are you feeling the effects of treating people poorly?
  • Can you begin treating “that” person with grace?

No comments:

Post a Comment