Tuesday, August 23, 2011

My Quest for Power!

Luke 14: 13 But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, 14 and you will be blessed. Although they cannot repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous.”

============

The Chief Operating Officer of the Japan division was due to land in a matter of hours. We scurried to do research on his background to ensure our alliance would remain solid. Dinner that evening cost, well let’s just say it was a lot. On the way home, I felt proud that we had struck a good deal.

Dinners like this were a common occurrence and not once did I think about treating someone who could not help my career to this lavish lifestyle.
  • When it comes to serving the poor I sometimes give my leftovers.
  • When it comes to serving the lame I sometimes cringe, not wanting to see missing limbs or broken bodies.
  • When it comes to serving the crippled I sometimes try to assess how they got like that so I can judge their lifestyle justifying my “non-action.”
  • When it comes to serving the blind I sometimes fear blindness and I stay as far away from them as possible.
Networking with the rich and powerful was a quest I had for a while. I don’t know when it started but I could sniff out the leaders and get next to them quickly to “show my stuff.” They would embrace me and I would get the best projects and the largest budgets. But what about serving?
  • The best reward comes from GOD when I do something for those who cannot repay.
  • The best reward comes from GOD who sees what I do for others in secret.
  • The best reward comes from GOD especially when I seek those who need help.

It’s real easy to ignore those in need to “get ahead.” I call them the “throw away people.” These are the less fortunate, less powerful and less desirable people who I tried to avoid, not on purpose, they just did not have anything to offer, or so I thought.

GOD wants me to have compassion for the masses so HE steered me in the direction of “seeing” the less fortunate now whereas before I could not see them. Serving them draws to HIM.
  • When is the last time you served the poor?
  • Will you reach out to the person who is crippled, lame or blind?
  • Can you find time to serve the powerless today?
  • Will you help someone in need as an act of worshipping GOD?

No comments:

Post a Comment