Tuesday, August 9, 2011

“Are you with me?” GOD asks!

Luke 11: 23 “Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.

============

My GODLY behavior seems to ebb and flow during various times in my life. Funny, when I consider things to be going well is when I sin the most and ignore GOD the most.

  • When I am in the “in” crowd at work I forget about family, friends and GOD to get ahead.
  • When I have lots of money then decadence of food, fashion and folly tempts me.
  • When I feel secure with my house, cars and stuff, I forget about the poor and less fortunate.

It seems like when I can see my retirement funds growing and I have just come from that lavish vacation that I forget to serve GOD with all my mind with all my body with all my soul. Instead I worry about how much I spent and who is buying which trinket all in hopes to keep my piles of money.

My arrogance seems to grow and my demands get justified, and then I can’t figure out why GOD’s people seem to scatter and run away.

  • In times of need I tend to cry out to GOD for help.
  • In times of need I worship GOD without ceasing.
  • In times of need I straighten up and do what GOD says and hopefully I can manipulate HIM into getting my way.

GOD wants me to be consistent. Give when I have plenty, serve when I am busy, care when I need someone to care for me. When I feel deserving and selfish, I am not “for” GOD. When I am serving and humble I am gathering for GOD.

  • Are you for or against GOD?
  • Are your words and actions pleasing to GOD or are they scattering HIS people?
  • Are you focused on helping the poor or are you saving up for that next large purchase?

No comments:

Post a Comment