Thursday, August 11, 2011

Fearing GOD is more important!

Luke 12: 4 “I tell you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more. 5 But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after your body has been killed, has authority to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him.

6 Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. 7 Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

============

Interview day had arrived and I was meeting with the entire senior management team. Needless to say I couldn’t sleep the night before. When they called my name fear went through my entire body. “This is my chance” I said to myself which made me more nervous.

For the first time in my life, my hand actually trembled as I sat in the room with the steely eyed intimidating team. Where did this fear come from? I never had it before, why now?

  • Lust can drive fear in my life.
  • Titles of people can drive fear in my life.
  • Losing my stuff can drive fear in my life.
  • Bullies can drive fear in my life.
  • Wanting to be liked by everyone can drive fear in my life.

I’m not going to be able to please or reach everyone. GOD has specific people who HE wants me to be an example for.  HE wants me to be ready to have words of love, grace and mercy to those who can accept it coming from me. I should not fear this purpose.

  • GOD wants me to fear not following HIS ways instead of fearing humans who are in power.
  • GOD wants me to fear others facing the consequences of their sins rather than getting my way.
  • GOD wants me to fear missing an opportunity to be HIS example because of the sin I just committed.

One problem that I face is GOD is too familiar to me at times. Oh I believe HE should be my friend, but not my pal. What I mean is HE deserves reverence, awe and healthy fear of HIS power. HE is pure love, yet HIS consequences are eternal.

HE despises sin and anything that turns my head away from HIM. HE made me for HIS purposes and that should be the only thing that matters in my life.

  • Do you have a healthy fear of GOD?
  • Are you more concerned with how you look in front of humans than being worried about how you look to GOD?
  • Do you care if people know about your love for JESUS or are you busy lusting?

No comments:

Post a Comment