Friday, August 9, 2019

Alone


John 7: After these things Jesus walked in Galilee; for He did not want to walk in Judea, because the Jews sought to kill Him. Now the Jews’ Feast of Tabernacles was at hand. His brothers therefore said to Him, “Depart from here and go into Judea, that Your disciples also may see the works that You are doing. For no one does anything in secret while he himself seeks to be known openly. If You do these things, show Yourself to the world.” For even His brothers did not believe in Him.

Then Jesus said to them, “My time has not yet come, but your time is always ready. The world cannot hate you, but it hates Me because I testify of it that its works are evil. You go up to this feast. I am not yet going up to this feast, for My time has not yet fully come.” When He had said these things to them, He remained in Galilee.

============


Excited about my renewed faith, I went back to my “friends” to tell them about what GOD was teaching me. “This group of people should be excited about my faith in GOD” I thought as I told them about my journey away from the club scene. No one said anything bad to my face but I noticed communication from them to me was slowly dissipating. I felt alone.

  • There have been many times when I felt alone because I believed in GOD.
  • There have been many times I have felt alone because I wanted a certain group of people to believe in GOD but they would not.
  • There have been many times when I could see the struggles people go through and I felt alone because they would not turn to GOD as the answer.


“Why don’t YOU show YOURSELF to the world if YOU are so great?” JESUS’s brothers implied in their disbelief of HIM being GOD. Even family did not believe in HIM. Was Mary, HIS mother, lying when she told everyone about the virgin birth? No! But they still could not understand just how powerful GOD is.

  • GOD wants me to understand that I am not alone.
  • GOD wants me to know that HE is with me always.
  • GOD wants me to believe in HIS power even though many around me will believe in humans over GOD.


Belief in GOD can only be measured by GOD. No human can look at me or someone else and tell how much faith in GOD a person has. BUT GOD knows. HE gives me a measure of faith to believe that HE can and will do anything. HE heals, protects, guides and grows me. HE answers prayers to those who seek HIS face.

Wisdom will be confounded to those who do not believe in HIS power. GOD desires that I place all my faith in HIS teachings and know the battle I face is spiritual. I place my faith in GOD.

  • Are you alone in your belief in JESUS?
  • Have those around you given up on you because you believe strongly in JESUS?
  • Will you keep your faith and pray for everyone GOD sends to you or who HE sends you to?


No comments:

Post a Comment