Thursday, August 22, 2019

Seeking by Lurking


Seeking by Lurking
John 7: 5And everyone went to his own house.

John 8: But Jesus went to the Mount of Olives.

Now early in the morning He came again into the temple, and all the people came to Him; and He sat down and taught them. Then the scribes and Pharisees brought to Him a woman caught in adultery. And when they had set her in the midst, they said to Him, “Teacher, this woman was caught in adultery, in the very act.

============

Listening intently to every word, I wanted to catch this person in a lie, “I know they are guilty” I said to myself as I replayed events in my mind over and over. Something seemed strange this particular day when I saw the person. “This is the day I catch them in their lie” I thought. The person confessed their strange behavior on a very serious illness.

  • There were times when I looked for something to be wrong with people.
  • There were times when I watched people intently to see if they would fail.
  • There were times when I sentenced people as guilty, then I watched them prove their guilt to me.


After the crowd left, JESUS went to the Mount of Olives, usually to pray. When HE returned HE was met by the church leaders who caught a woman in the act of adultery. They must have lurked behind her as she met with her lover or was the male someone they knew? Whatever the case, they did not accuse him.

Bringing her to JESUS, they demanded a biblical answer to trip HIM up. They sought failure for her and JESUS, hoping guilt would show their superiority.

  • GOD wants me to seek people with grace, not guilt.
  • GOD wants me to desire restoration for people, not reasons to leave them.
  • GOD wants me to follow people to serve them, not harm them.


Motive for proving someone’s guilt is usually a problem with GOD. As I have said many times, “We are all in the mud, throwing mud at each other, saying ‘you have mud on your face’.” Pronouncing someone guilty, then watching them prove their guilt may be the very thing that makes me “guilty” before GOD.

HE wants me to admit my guilt to restore guilty people. Instead of lurking for superiority, HE wants me seeking people to bring back to HIM, gently. I am glad people were sent to bring me to HIM.

  • Are you accusing others?
  • Do you want to feel good about yourself by making someone else look guilty?
  • Will you start seeking guilty people to gently bring them back to JESUS to save them and you today?


No comments:

Post a Comment