Monday, August 12, 2019

You Are Good


John 7: 10 But when His brothers had gone up, then He also went up to the feast, not openly, but as it were in secret. 11 Then the Jews sought Him at the feast, and said, “Where is He?” 12 And there was much complaining among the people concerning Him. Some said, “He is good”; others said, “No, on the contrary, He deceives the people.” 13 However, no one spoke openly of Him for fear of the Jews.

============

“Weakling!” was one of the random insults hurled at me by a person I did not know. “You think you are so smart” the unknown person said in a persecuting fashion. I was just standing there with my backpack full of math and physics books. Why did I feel bad?

  • There were times when I felt I could not please anyone.
  • There were times when I felt I could not be what others expected me to be.
  • There were times when I felt I was the root of someone else’s problem.


The church leaders went looking to kill JESUS at the feast where people were supposed to be celebrating and remembering how GOD saved them. The crowd quickly turned against JESUS and complained about HIM, calling HIM a deceiver. Even those who witnessed the miracles HE performed became silent. Although a few did say “HE is good.”

  • JESUS says to me “I have been slandered even though I have the best intentions for you.”
  • JESUS says to me “I have been mislabeled even though I have shown nothing but love for you.”
  • JESUS says to me “I have been blamed even though I cared for you.”


Blaming GOD seems to be a default when it comes to not getting “my” way. I mislabel HIS intentions and sometimes categorize them as “evil.” BUT GOD has no evil in HIM. HE has pure love for me and wants only the best for me.

My immature eyes are sometimes opened to HIS marvelous grace that I do not deserve. HE is not to blame, rather to thank. GOD has done so much for me that I cannot thank HIM enough. HE cleans me up from the inside by living in me and those who believe in HIM.

Now when someone slanders me, they are also slandering GOD inside me and vice versa. HE is the one who makes me clean. I am grateful HE calls me good.

  • Have you been slandered?
  • Do you feel bad about yourself because of what others have said about you?
  • Do you think low about yourself even when others have not said anything about you?
  • Will you accept the fact that when GOD made you and saved you HE said “You are good, no one can pluck you from MY hand”?


No comments:

Post a Comment