Friday, August 16, 2019

Controlling


John 7: 32 The Pharisees heard the crowd murmuring these things concerning Him, and the Pharisees and the chief priests sent officers to take Him. 33 Then Jesus said to them, “I shall be with you a little while longer, and then I go to Him who sent Me. 34 You will seek Me and not find Me, and where I am you cannot come.”

35 Then the Jews said among themselves, “Where does He intend to go that we shall not find Him? Does He intend to go to the Dispersion among the Greeks and teach the Greeks? 36 What is this thing that He said, ‘You will seek Me and not find Me, and where I am you cannot come’?”

============

Planning my route was difficult this day. For some reason, several tempers had flared and multiple fights were planned in different parts of the playground leaving the school. In fear, I went an extreme route, that was several blocks out of the way, just to get home. “Why can’t this just be easy?” I exclaimed.

  • Sometimes life seems out of control.
  • Sometimes life seems like a huge problem.
  • Sometimes life seems to bring raging out of control situations that affect me.


The Pharisees heard the crowd murmuring about JESUS. They felt their controlling power slipping away. They wanted to get control of this situation so they sent officers to take HIM. JESUS knew what they were doing and addressed them directly. “You will seek ME and not find ME and where I AM you cannot come” was HIS disturbing news.

  • JESUS wants me to let go of my control of HIM.
  • JESUS wants me to allow HIM to do things HIS way and in HIS time.
  • JESUS wants me to put HIM in control of my decisions, expectations and outcomes.


Trying to control GOD is like trying to control a raging storm. It cannot be done. GOD’s power is uncontrollable, by me. BUT GOD controls HIMSELF to love me instead of hating me for my sins. HE says to me “You are mine” so I can never put GOD under my feet and control what HE does.

I can control one thing, namely believing that HE knows what is best for me. GOD keeps HIS promises, always! HE wants me to be with HIM eternally and sends me out to seek those who seek HIM. I am grateful HE wants me.

  • Are you trying to force GOD to act the way “you” want HIM to?
  • Do you think that because you stopped doing a few sins, you are better than “that” person?
  • Will you stop trying to control GOD with your smelly righteousness and allow HIM to control your path to guide people back to HIM today?


No comments:

Post a Comment