Monday, August 5, 2019

Hunger


Hunger

John 6: 47 Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life. 48 I am the bread of life. 49 Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and are dead. 50 This is the bread which comes down from heaven, that one may eat of it and not die. 51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world.”

============

“Of course” was my answer to the question, “Do you want to work hard to get ahead in life?” I was hungry to live “the good life” and no one could stop me. “Of course” was my answer as I contemplated sex for the first time without being married. I mean, I really wanted to, and everyone around me had already done it. “Isn’t that concept old fashioned anyway?” I rationalized.

  • There have been many things I have been hungry for.
  • There have been many desires I have wanted to fulfill.
  • There have been many times I pushed and pushed until I got what I wanted.


JESUS explains that HE is the bread of life. HE came down from heaven to save the world from eternal separation from HIS grace. HE points out that even though the Jew’s ancestors had all of their earthly needs met, they died anyway. Did they get what they wanted? Yes. But there was so much more.

  • GOD wants me to understand that my entire existence is for HIM.
  • GOD wants me to have my eyes opened to the fact that HE is the only reason for everything that I do.
  • GOD wants me to be hungry for HIM every day.


Desires can get in the way of a great relationship with GOD. Each time I put my desires into action without asking GOD to guide them, I fail miserably. GOD has a spiritual plan for me that is manifested physically, emotionally, psychologically and philosophically.

HE knew I would never choose HIM so HE put a plan into action that could not fail. HE gave HIS own life for me. HE made my life simple. Believe in HIM and live. I am glad HE accepts me with my flaws.

  • What are your desires?
  • Do you crave something that you should be giving to GOD and allowing HIM to say “No” or “wait” or “yes” to?
  • Will you stop thinking GOD is made for you and allow HIM to grow you into the fact that you are made for HIM?



No comments:

Post a Comment