Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Invited


John 8: 21 Then Jesus said to them again, “I am going away, and you will seek Me, and will die in your sin. Where I go you cannot come.”

22 So the Jews said, “Will He kill Himself, because He says, ‘Where I go you cannot come’?”

============

Adorned with gifts, my boss made their last appearance. It was my boss’s last day, so the tradition was to have a last meal dinner. About a year and a half later I got in touch with the person. “Want to come over to this company?” was the question. “Absolutely” was my answer.

  • It felt great to be invited.
  • It felt great to be thought of in a positive way.
  • It felt great to be part of someone’s group.


JESUS says to the church leaders, who did not believe in HIS position as GOD, “I AM going away, and you will seek ME, and will die in your sin. Where I go you cannot come.” HIS words were not inviting.

  • GOD invites me to be in HIS family.
  • GOD wants me to see with my heart that I need HIM.
  • GOD seeks me especially when I sin so I can be forgiven.


Being invited gives me the option to say, “No, I do not want to attend.” Unfortunately, the church leaders of that time said just that. They held onto the Bible’s words so tightly, that they missed the heart of what was said. When JESUS, the Messiah showed up, they indignantly refused to believe in HIM.

JESUS invites everyone, even me, to believe they are sinners in need of salvation from eternal separation from GOD. Satan’s pride of trying to be GOD would not be tolerated by GOD. HE threw Satan out of heaven, along with his followers. HE seeks HIS creation who are being fooled. I am grateful HE invited me to seek HIS family members.

  • Do you wander around aimlessly?
  • Do you feel you are not part of a family even though you were born into one?
  • Will you accept GOD’s invitation as HE knocks on the door of your heart today and seek those HE wants to find?


No comments:

Post a Comment