Monday, August 19, 2019

Watery Excitement


Watery Excitement
John 7: 37 On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. 38 He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” 39 But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

============

“Can we go?” was my constant question I asked at every occasion. As the commercial played for the nearby amusement park, I added reason to my repetitious question. “Everyone else is going” I said in an effort to break through the barrier during dinner. When we finally went, I was elated! I told everyone within two blocks of my house, how amazing the experience was.

  • Many times I craved something.
  • Many times I wanted something so badly, I could not stop thinking about it.
  • Many times I thirsted for something so much, it could not be quenched until I got it.


If anyone thirsts, let him come to ME and drink”, JESUS said to the crowd after the feast. HE may have heard many desires of individuals as they sat and ate. Some of the desires could have been so deeply rooted, that the person could not stop talking about it. But what was driving the desire? JESUS had an answer.

  • JESUS wants me to point my desires toward HIM.
  • JESUS gave me the HOLY SPIRIT so I could live for HIM.
  • JESUS desires that I crave HIM so I would speak about HIM daily.


Craving that everyone around me believes and accepts JESUS as their Savior, is what HE wants me to hold onto. HE wants me to be excited enough about HIM that I speak about the wonderful things HE has done for me. Out of my heart pours this watery excitement about how much JESUS actually loves me.

HE provides, guides and protects me because HE is excited about me. After requesting a lot “from” HIM, I finally I realized that maybe I should be excited enough “about” HIM, to speak lovingly “for” HIM. I love HIS love for me!

  • What are you excited about?
  • What do you talk about constantly?
  • Will you be led by the HOLY SPIRIT today?
  • Will you get excited about JESUS enough to speak about HIM to everyone HE provides to you?


No comments:

Post a Comment