Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Starving

Starving
John 6: 2 The Jews therefore quarreled among themselves, saying, “How can this Man give us His flesh to eat?”
53 Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you.54 Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. 55 For My flesh is food indeed, and My blood is drink indeed. 56 He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him. 57 As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who feeds on Me will live because of Me.58 This is the bread which came down from heaven—not as your fathers ate the manna, and are dead. He who eats this bread will live forever.”
59 These things He said in the synagogue as He taught in Capernaum.
============
After the party I announced “the party is at my place!” Everyone had a task to bring booze, music and food. We were going to continue what we started and be as loud as we wanted to be. I mean it was Saturday. I had nothing to do on Sunday.
  • There were times when I fed my desires.
  • There were times when I fed my lusts.
  • There were times when I felt I “deserved” a bit of ”fun”.
JESUS speaks in a manner only GOD could speak. HE talks about eating HIS flesh and drinking HIS blood. “How can this be?” questioned the Jews. JESUS wanted them to feed something else that required a certain food.
  • GOD wants me to feed off of JESUS’s examples.
  • GOD wants me to feed off of JESUS’s love for those who hated HIM.
  • GOD wants me to feed off of JESUS’s faithfulness to continue HIS mission regardless of facing death.
Starving will happen whether it is my lustful desires or the HOLY SPIRIT. One will get fed over the other. GOD wants me to feed my SPIRIT by serving those HE sends to me or who I am sent to. HE feeds me with HIS broken body and cleanses me with HIS blood that dripped from the wounds of HIS murder.
JESUS is definitely food and GOD speaks in foody terms. HE says “Bear fruit” and “Have the fruit of the SPIRIT.” These tasty terms mean serve as many people as possible and listen to GOD so the HOLY SPIRIT inside me will not starve. I desire to feed what GOD has so generously given to me.
  • What are you feeding?
  • Do you complain, seek pleasure, hate others or feed off of a GOD-less crowd?
  • Will you feed the SPIRIT inside you by listening to GOD and serving those HE sends you to today?

No comments:

Post a Comment