Thursday, August 8, 2019

Three Choices


John 6: 66 From that time many of His disciples went back and walked with Him no more. 67 Then Jesus said to the twelve, “Do you also want to go away?”

68 But Simon Peter answered Him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. 69 Also we have come to believe and know that You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”

70 Jesus answered them, “Did I not choose you, the twelve, and one of you is a devil?” 71 He spoke of Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon, for it was he who would betray Him, being one of the twelve.

============

With unmet expectations, I said “I will not follow YOU anymore” to GOD. I mean my bills were still there, creditors were still calling, I had no car, and it was raining that day.

  • There were times when I felt I could get away from GOD.
  • There were times when I was so discouraged that it seemed like a good idea to “leave” GOD.
  • There were times when I expected everything to go well and when it did not, I was ready to stop believing GOD.


Three choices were made in this section of the Bible. The first was a bad choice when eager followers of JESUS decided to stop following HIM because they felt it was too hard. The third was an even worse choice to betray the Living GOD in hopes of political and monetary gain. But the best choice was the second.

  • GOD wants me to know there is no where I can go to get away from HIM.
  • GOD wants me to know only HE has the words of eternal life.
  • GOD wants me to believe and know JESUS is the CHRIST who came to same me and those who believe in HIM.


GOD did something confusing and amazing when HE created humans. HE created the freedom to choose HIM or not. Many times, if not all the time, I do not choose HIM. I mean HIS way may mean I do not get “my” way. BUT GOD intervened and chose me instead.

HE gave my life purpose to bring people to HIM. This supernatural choice was marvelous! HE opened my eyes to know this life is so temporary. My major focus should be on HIM. I choose JESUS because HE chose me.

  • What choices are you making today?
  • Do your plans exclude GOD?
  • Will you include GOD in what you do and say today?

No comments:

Post a Comment