Monday, August 26, 2019

Not Alone


John 8: 13 The Pharisees therefore said to Him, “You bear witness of Yourself; Your witness is not true.”

14 Jesus answered and said to them, “Even if I bear witness of Myself, My witness is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from and where I am going. 15 You judge according to the flesh; I judge no one. 16 And yet if I do judge, My judgment is true; for I am not alone, but I am with the Father who sent Me. 17 It is also written in your law that the testimony of two men is true.18 I am One who bears witness of Myself, and the Father who sent Me bears witness of Me.”

19 Then they said to Him, “Where is Your Father?”

Jesus answered, “You know neither Me nor My Father. If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also.”

20 These words Jesus spoke in the treasury, as He taught in the temple; and no one laid hands on Him, for His hour had not yet come.

============

Sitting in a room full of people, I felt alone. Everyone knew each other and no one knew me. I walked around for a while but that became tiresome. I decided to miss the evening festivities and dined in my room, alone.

  • There were many times I felt alone.
  • There were many times when I was around lots of people and still felt alone.
  • There were many times when I had one viewpoint and the majority had another, so I felt alone.


JESUS was challenged by the church leaders stating “HE is bragging about HIMSELF and making up the story.” JESUS, being GOD, answered them back, letting them know how much they did not know about HIM. “You only see with the flesh and not the SPIRIT” JESUS implies. Then HE said “I AM not alone.”

  • GOD wants me to live my life for HIS purpose.
  • GOD wants me to stand firm even when it is not popular.
  • GOD wants me to believe HE is with me and to help others do the same.


In the days of humans explaining away GOD, it seems quite illogical to believe in this higher being who controls everything. I mean there are explanations for human behavior, weather, volcano eruptions and why a building should remain standing. BUT GOD confounds those who think they are “wise.”

GOD laughs at those who think HE is not involved with everything and wants me to believe HE is. HE sends me to gather those who are in need of HIS love. HE lets me know I am not alone as HE sends me out with HIS purpose. I am grateful HE is with me always!

  • Do you feel alone?
  • Do you have a view of the love of GOD when no one around you speaks of HIM at all?
  • Will you keep trusting in GOD and know HE loves you and is with you today?


No comments:

Post a Comment