Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Simple Math


John 7: 40 Therefore many from the crowd, when they heard this saying, said, “Truly this is the Prophet.” 41 Others said, “This is the Christ.”

But some said, “Will the Christ come out of Galilee? 42 Has not the Scripture said that the Christ comes from the seed of David and from the town of Bethlehem, where David was?” 43 So there was a division among the people because of Him. 44 Now some of them wanted to take Him, but no one laid hands on Him.

============

“Multiplication is addition only quicker and division is subtraction that is just as quick” my math teacher said. I learned the principle and went home. Weekends later I went camping. In a playful way, one of the campers pulled a knife on another.

As the knifeless person pushed the blade away, his hand was cut deeply. Suddenly we were divided at the camp the entire weekend. It happened quickly.

  • I have noticed division happens quickly.
  • I have been involved with dividing people against “those” people.
  • I have warned others to stay away from “those” people.


The crowd tried to figure out who JESUS was. Some said HE is the CHRIST, while others said HE is the Prophet. But there was a group who refused to believe and they traced HIS roots back to where HE lived in Galilee. Arguments grew and division rose.

  • GOD wants me to follow HIM in unity with others.
  • GOD wants me to figure out what is important and unify rather than divide.
  • GOD wants me to have grace for others so the unity can speak louder than being right.


Division amongst those who try to follow GOD is a serious problem with HIM. The words “They are doing it wrong” seems to be easy to say yet difficult to rectify. I have been guilty for packing up “my way of doing things” and leaving a church group, searching for a group who acts and sometimes looks like me.

BUT GOD wants different. HE wants me treat all sin the same. HE wants me to look at my sin as ghastly as someone else’s. After my confession that I need GOD as my savior, HE wants me to treat others with care so they will point their lives to HIM. I am glad HE forgives me.

  • Are you part of dividing GOD’s kingdom?
  • Will you look at what is causing the division and allow GOD to handle the outcome?
  • Will you do your part to show unity so others can be healed by GOD?



No comments:

Post a Comment