Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Elevate


John 8: 23 And He said to them, “You are from beneath; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. 24 Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.”

25 Then they said to Him, “Who are You?”

And Jesus said to them, “Just what I have been saying to you from the beginning. 26 I have many things to say and to judge concerning you, but He who sent Me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I heard from Him.”

27 They did not understand that He spoke to them of the Father.

============

Looking for a promotion, I followed what was important to some of the higher-ups. I asked questions, listening for their concerns. I sat and thought of solutions to ensure they were successful. It worked! They promoted me to a higher level. Now, I had to do it again with the next level up.

  • Many times I looked at people as being on a higher level.
  • Many times I treated people with titles differently than others.
  • Many times I assumed that people with certain titles were smarter, stronger and wiser than others.


JESUS puts the church leaders in their place by saying “You are from beneath; I AM from above.” HE then explains that HE is GOD and is not of this cursed world, but they were. HE doomed them to die eternally in their sins, but gave them a way to succeed… believe in HIM.

  • JESUS wants me to believe that HE is GOD.
  • JESUS wants me to believe that HE took care of all my problems.
  • JESUS wants me to believe that birth was the beginning of eternity and my choice to believe in HIM guides where I will spend it.


Elevating JESUS is extremely important. HE chose to die for my sins as the ultimate demonstration of love. HE only asks that I believe I need HIM otherwise I would die in my sins. HE sent the HOLY SPIRIT to live in me because I believe in HIM. The FATHER sends me because HE is pleased with the way HE cleaned me up. I am grateful HE is GOD and I elevate HIM.

  • How do you view GOD?
  • Is GOD very common to you?
  • Do you easily blame GOD or treat HIM like HE only deserves a little attention?
  • Will you give more of your life to HIM and elevate HIM to GOD versus placing the constraints you have on HIM today?


No comments:

Post a Comment