Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Root of Truth


John 7: 14 Now about the middle of the feast Jesus went up into the temple and taught. 15 And the Jews marveled, saying, “How does this Man know letters, having never studied?”

16 Jesus answered them and said, “My doctrine is not Mine, but His who sent Me. 17 If anyone wills to do His will, he shall know concerning the doctrine, whether it is from God or whether I speak on My own authority. 18 He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory; but He who seeks the glory of the One who sent Him is true, and no unrighteousness is in Him.

============

After listening to many stories, I headed towards the door. “Do you know who that was?” someone asked me. “No” I replied. That was the owner and founder of this place. The stories he told now had more meaning as they expressed true experiences.

  • I enjoy hearing stories about how someone struggled and then made it.
  • I enjoy hearing stories that tell the truth with difficult details.
  • I enjoy hearing stories I can use as a roadmap for what I am going through.


JESUS went to the feast anyway, knowing the church leaders were trying to kill HIM. HE taught in riveting detail and they marveled at HIS knowledge. JESUS said some pointed words that said HIS teaching comes from GOD to glorify GOD. Each word JESUS spoke could easily be checked.

  • GOD wants me to learn as long as my learning points to HIM.
  • GOD wants me to acquire more an more knowledge as long as my knowledge can be used to glorify HIM.
  • GOD wants me to check what I say about HIM with the words HE says about HIMSELF.


Self-promotion is something GOD wants humans to avoid. While this practice is highly honored in politics and wealth chasing, GOD sees it as a prideful move away from needing HIM. Each time I speak about GOD, HE wants me to check with HIM first to see if my words will promote HIM alone. I am glad HE revealed the truth through the words of HIS SON.

  • Are you seeking to be the center of attention?
  • Do you want fame socially, politically or even theologically?
  • Will you check your attitude towards GOD by seeking HIS teaching through HIS Word today?


No comments:

Post a Comment