Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Cause Alignment


John 6: 60 Therefore many of His disciples, when they heard this, said, “This is a hard saying; who can understand it?”

61 When Jesus knew in Himself that His disciples complained about this, He said to them, “Does this offend you? 62 What then if you should see the Son of Man ascend where He was before? 63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life. 64 But there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who would betray Him. 65 And He said, “Therefore I have said to you that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted to him by My Father.”

============

“Never will I go in that store again” I said in anger. The service was rude and they had out of date baby food. I told several people to avoid this store. I made this a “mini-cause.” I liked the reaction from those I told as they vowed never to shop there. I wonder what other wrongs “I” should be point out to “the people.”

  • It felt pretty good being listened to.
  • It felt pretty good providing information and being heard.
  • It felt pretty good being the center of attention, having people listen and follow “my” instructions.


The crowd of JESUS followers wanted a much easier message. When they heard what JESUS had to say, some of them began to murmur. HE didn’t have political promises, nor did HE promise riches. JESUS told them to “eat HIS flesh and drink HIS blood” from a spiritual sense. These words were too hard to understand.

  • GOD wants me to ask HIM for clarity so I can have a great relationship with HIM.
  • GOD wants me to seek HIM in spirit, not with logic.
  • GOD wants me to gain full understanding of HIS ways by observing what HE does in my life and others.


Having a cause can feel quite good, but some causes can be a distraction from speaking about JESUS. The focus of saving something or feeding something or teaching something is hard wired in many people. GOD wants me to take this desire to “save” something and point it to bringing HIS people to HIM.

JESUS said something important, “No one can come to ME unless it has been granted to him by MY FATHER.” This statement enables me to seek those who GOD has given the ability to seek HIM. GOD knows HIS people and HE gives, even a sinner like me, the ability to bring people back to HIM. This is the only cause worth joining.

  • What causes are clouding your day?
  • What important information, while useful, is getting in the way of you telling people about JESUS?
  • Will you align your cause to what GOD wants you to say about HIS SON today?

No comments:

Post a Comment