Thursday, August 29, 2019

Following the Example


John 8: 28 Then Jesus said to them, “When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He, and that I do nothing of Myself; but as My Father taught Me, I speak these things. 29 And He who sent Me is with Me. The Father has not left Me alone, for I always do those things that please Him.” 30 As He spoke these words, many believed in Him.

============

Frustrated, I stopped following the instructions. “What’s wrong?” said the expert. “I cannot understand what you are talking about and you are moving too fast” was my reply. He stopped speaking, came over to me and showed me how. After seeing how it was done, I could easily follow the example.

  • It’s easier for me to see how something is done.
  • It’s easier for me to see an example so I can mimic the teacher.
  • It’s easier for me to see what needs to be done so I can come up with my own ideas and do them.


JESUS tells the church leaders they will kill HIM by crucifixion, then they would truly know HE is GOD. They had no idea HE would be raised from the dead. Many people believed in HIM as HIS words pierced their hearts. Could I do the same?

  • JESUS gave me many examples that I can do in my power.
  • JESUS showed me how to pray for “us” instead of only praying for “me.”
  • JESUS taught me that all humans are worth seeking, even those I can easily hate.


I cannot “Be JESUS” to someone. I mean I cannot die for the sins of all humans, nor can I send the HOLY SPIRIT to comfort the hurt. But I can follow HIS example and care for people. HE showed massive compassion for the hungry, poor and lost. HE cried over those who had nowhere to go.

JESUS has so many examples that I can do right now that I wonder why I ask HIM the question “What do you want me to do?” He would probably say “Pick any example and do it today.” I am grateful HIS expectations of me are easy and HIS burdens are light.

  • Who’s example are you following?
  • Are you looking to GOD as your answer?
  • Will you allow HIM to heal, comfort and grow while you simply serve?


No comments:

Post a Comment