Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Accepted


Acts 9: 26 And when Saul had come to Jerusalem, he tried to join the disciples; but they were all afraid of him, and did not believe that he was a disciple. 27 But Barnabas took him and brought him to the apostles. And he declared to them how he had seen the Lord on the road, and that He had spoken to him, and how he had preached boldly at Damascus in the name of Jesus. 28 So he was with them at Jerusalem, coming in and going out. 29 And he spoke boldly in the name of the Lord Jesus and disputed against the Hellenists, but they attempted to kill him. 30 When the brethren found out, they brought him down to Caesarea and sent him out to Tarsus.

============

When the reorganization was announced, I was shattered. I mean I spoke negatively about the department I left and was now told I had to go back, otherwise lose the job. I tried showing people how hard I worked, but was met with disbelief that I could ever be sincere. I needed an advocate.

  • There were times when I could not push my way into a group.
  • There were times when my past caused problems for the present.
  • There were times when I was not accepted because of the things I said and did.


Saul persecuted anyone who spoke in the name of JESUS, or at least he was in charge of those who did the killing. When he was confronted by JESUS HIMSELF, he changed wholeheartedly and became a strong force for GOD. But the persecuted did not believe in Saul.

GOD did not zap their minds so they could see the sincerity in Saul. He needed an advocate to speak on his behalf. Fortunately Barnabas must have gotten word from Ananias, the one sent by the LORD. Barnabas became an advocate for Saul and the disciples believed.

  • JESUS is my advocate and sent the HOLY SPIRIT to live in me.
  • The HOLY SPIRIT speaks on my behalf, begging for my forgiveness to the FATHER.
  • The FATHER is my forgiver and pours out HIS grace because I believe JESUS is my advocate.


Being accepted into GOD’s family felt great. I mean even though I messed up time after time, GOD saw me and said “Come to ME and I will give you rest.” I could finally rest from what I was searching for. I may not be accepted by humans, BUT GOD always accepts me. I believe in the love of JESUS.

  • Are you searching for a group to accept you?
  • Do you seek love and are willing to accept something that may be a lie or even harmful to you?
  • Will you turn your life to true love, which is JESUS, who is your advocate?


No comments:

Post a Comment