Monday, May 11, 2020

Painful Reinstatement


Acts 9: So he, trembling and astonished, said, “Lord, what do You want me to do?”
Then the Lord said to him, “Arise and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do.”

And the men who journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice but seeing no one. Then Saul arose from the ground, and when his eyes were opened he saw no one. But they led him by the hand and brought him into Damascus. And he was three days without sight, and neither ate nor drank.

============

“That department is terrible” I said to others. I talked poorly about the leadership and lack of direction. I felt great because I had escaped the department and was on to greener pastures. But the reorganization happened and I was told I was being reinstated back into the department. “You represent this department. Do it well or leave.” I was told.

  • There were times when I fought something bigger than me.
  • There were times when I talked bad about something bigger than me.
  • There were times when I had to come back to the thing that cared and fed me, but I needed a different attitude.


Saul met JESUS on the way to killing those who followed HIM. With a flash of light JESUS spoke to Saul but those around him could not see who he was speaking to. Saul asked the right question. “LORD, what do YOU want me to do?” He was reinstated at a price. He was blind.

  • GOD wants me humble when I serve HIM.
  • GOD wants me gentle when I serve others HE sends me to.
  • GOD wants me gracious when I claim to be one of HIS followers.


Swallowing pride, ejecting arrogance and surrendering control are difficult things to do when “I” place myself higher than I should be. But when GOD wants me to serve HIM, I have to get rid of pride, arrogance and control. The more I hold onto these things, the more painful the reinstatement.

GOD wants to bless me through HIS methods. HE wants total control. The more I think “I” am in control the harder it will be for GOD to reinstate me to a place that HE has for me. GOD sometimes rips things out of my hands and it is painful. When I see the results, I am grateful.

  • Is GOD calling you and you are ignoring HIM?
  • Are you holding onto “your” way and not asking GOD “What do YOU want me to do?”
  • Will you allow GOD to take over your plan gently so it doesn’t have to be torn out of your hands?

No comments:

Post a Comment