Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Peace, Good Fear and Comfort


Acts 9 31 Then the churches throughout all Judea, Galilee, and Samaria had peace and were edified. And walking in the fear of the Lord and in the comfort of the Holy Spirit, they were multiplied.

============

Stressed out, I worked all night. Not once did I have time for prayer because the project was due the next day. I feared losing the account even though I was not the account manager. I worked in yesterday’s clothes and ate candy bars from the vending machine top get the work done.

  • There were times when I was thoroughly stressed out.
  • There were times when I was filled with unhealthy fear.
  • There were times when I had no comfort because I was stressed and fearful.


When Saul stopped complaining about the true church people and turned away from his persecution, the people of the LORD had peace. They were probably amazed at the transformation of this huge opposition and feared GOD.

  • GOD wants to give me peace but on HIS terms.
  • GOD wants me to fear not doing what HE says more than fearing what humans think of me.
  • GOD wants to give me comfort but only through belief in JESUS, who sends me the COMFORTER, namely the HOLY SPIRIT.


Peace and comfort cannot be obtained for long without fear of the LORD. I mean I may try to have a moment of peace through some addiction which only brings temporary pleasure. BUT GOD fortifies my heart, removing the sludge and filling it with HIS SPIRIT.

GOD loves. GOD cares. GOD knows. HE sees everything I get myself into and wants me to surrender my life to HIM rather than keep trying to fix it using human methods that bring only marginal to zero results. I am thankful for GOD’s peace, love and comfort. In HIM I fear.

  • Do you want peace but are not finding it in the addictions you are pursuing?
  • Are you ignoring GOD in fear of yourself?
  • Will you surrender your life to GOD so HE can give you peace that withstands life’s pressures and comforts you in the middle of storms?

No comments:

Post a Comment